Monday 16 May 2011

Cutting like a Pro.

On the weekend, Julian, Mel, and I booked one of the computers in the Editing Suite and started editing our video together. We got all the shots for each scene put in order, and all the scenes from start to finish. It's rough so far, but at least now it looks like a movie. We even put in transitions between scenes to make it look smoother. There's still a long way to go, though. We have to figure out where to put the title, but we do have an idea for the credits. We've got blooper footage of each one of us, so we're going to use that to show each person along with their name and the roles they played in making the film.

For me, it's hard to loosen the reins of control, especially when there are group members who have yet to prove they can be trusted and relied upon, but I'm working on it. Julian was happy to let me do most of the editing because he already has experience with the program (plus I kept asking his opinions and he was very helpful in getting me comfortable with Final Cut Pro), and when Mel wanted to try her hand at editing, I let her have a go. She was a little rough with cutting the clips, but she won't get better if I don't let her practice, and I have to let other people have a chance to learn too.

No comments:

Post a Comment